CAPS is conducting initial consultation appointments through Zoom, phone, and in-person. Please indicate your preference for how you would like to attend this appointment when you call to schedule.
- If you are scheduled for an in-person appointment at CAPS and are experiencing any COVID symptoms, we ask you to contact us in advance to convert that appointment to Zoom or phone, or reschedule to a future date.
- When meeting in-person, counselors at CAPS may require that students wear masks in their personal office. An alternative on-site option for participating in a counseling session will be available for any student not willing to wear a mask. In accordance with campus policy, masks are optional for students and staff in other spaces in the CAPS building.
- Students preferring to attend counseling sessions remotely through Zoom who do not have access to a private space and/or appropriate technology, have the option to schedule a space at CAPS to attend those sessions. Please discuss these needs with our front desk staff or an initial consultation counselor.
- Students who are located outside of North Carolina should contact CAPS by phone and identify their location to inquire about availability of services. State licensing laws may limit what counseling services we are able to provide, but we can discuss available services and assist students in connecting to local resources.
- When possible, students are encouraged to call to schedule services rather than coming to the CAPS building to schedule.
Scheduling an Appointment
To schedule an initial appointment with a counselor, call 704-687-0311 during our business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM on Friday. Appointments are typically scheduled in advance, though we hold a limited number of same-day appointments to meet the needs of students in crisis. If you are in crisis and need immediate support, please refer to our Crisis page to identify appropriate resources.
All currently enrolled UNC Charlotte students are eligible for an initial consultation. This is a brief appointment, typically lasting 25-30 minutes, that is focused on assessing needs, addressing any immediate concerns, and providing recommendations for services.
If you are looking to schedule an initial appointment with a provider who specializes in substance use counseling or are a student athlete looking to schedule with our Sport Psychologist, please let our front desk staff know when you call to schedule so they can ensure you are scheduled with the appropriate provider.
All CAPS services are free of charge. Please let us know if you have accessibility needs.
When scheduling an initial consultation, CAPS front desk staff will email you a link for accessing the appointment by Zoom or phone.
The morning of the initial appointment, students will receive another link by email for the paperwork they will complete through our secure web portal before attending their appointment. This will include consents for counseling and telehealth services, demographic information, and information about current and past functioning. We ask that you complete the paperwork fully at least 30 minutes before your appointment to ensure that the counselor is able to review it before they meet with you. If paperwork is not completed before the session, we will need to reschedule to a different appointment time.
Personal commitment to counseling is crucial for success. We encourage students to attend all scheduled appointments. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please do so as soon as possible by calling CAPS at 704-687-0311. Repeated missed sessions without advance notice may negatively affect your eligibility for counseling services at CAPS.