If you are experiencing a severe or potentially life-threatening emergency, call 911, go to a local hospital emergency room, or call Campus Police at 704-687-2200.
If you need to speak to someone about an urgent emotional or mental health concern:
- Call CAPS during regular business hours Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (closed from 12pm-1pm each day) and ask to schedule a same-day appointment.
- After hours, call CAPS at 704-687-0311. When you connect to the CAPS voicemail message, press '0' to be connected to a counselor by phone. CAPS utilizes ProtoCall, which provides free after-hours support for addressing immediate needs and connecting with appropriate follow-up services.
- Mecklenburg County Rape Crisis Hotline - 704-375-9900
- National Sexual Assault Hotline - 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Students wishing to discuss sexual assault may also make confidential contact during business hours with CAPS (704‑687‑0311), Student Health Center (704‑687‑4617), or a local hospital emergency room.
- Students may report assaults to Campus Police at 704-687-2200 or, if in need of immediate assistance, 911.
- The Interpersonal Violence Resource Guide can assist students who need support and information about choices for responding to experiences of interpersonal violence such as sexual assault, stalking, or abuse.