Whether connecting with counseling services on or off-campus, we recognize that students may experience a wait between scheduling and meeting with a provider. We have a number of resources available that can be accessed quickly and easily, and that can help address many of the most common concerns that students experience. Here you will find quick access to some of the additional resources that are available.
Groups and Workshops
- Drop-in Workshops - Weekly workshop sessions to help manage distress and improve relationships
- Drop-in Community Spaces - Monthly supportive community spaces for first-generation college students, student veterans, and women of color
- Virtual CALM Workshop - Coping with Anxiety and Living Mindfully (CALM) workshop content is provided in video format that can be accessed at any time
- Let’s Talk - Drop-in problem-solving consultation with CAPS team member at Popp Martin Student Union and Atkins Library
- Wellness Workshops (scroll to bottom of page to see upcoming offerings)
- Stress Survival 101- One-hour workshop focused on identifying how stress manifests for you and exploring practical strategies to tap into the positive benefits of stress and minimize its negative impact throughout the semester.
- From Burnout to Balance - One-hour workshop to learn more about burnout, focusing on ways to overcome burnout, foster wellbeing, and take on those to-do list task.
- Canine Connections - Join CAPS as we partner with Invisible Paw Prints to host therapy dogs and their handlers in the Health and Wellbeing Courtyard (outside of Student Health and the Price Center). There will be giveaways and lots of puppy cuddles. Upcoming dates are March 11th and April 28th from12 -1:30 pm. More information can be found on the Campus Events Calendar. For questions contact Sarah Besse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Welltrack Connect (formerly Shrink Space) - Online referral database that helps students connect with an off-campus provider
- Thriving Campus - Online referral database that helps students connect with an off-campus provider
- Center for Integrated Care (CIC) - UNC Charlotte’s one-stop shop for referral and linkage to wellbeing resources both on and off campus
- Active Minds Self-Care Resources - Self-care strategies and resources
- Guided Meditations UCLA - Free guided meditations
- ULifeline Resource Center - a Web-based resource from the Jed Foundation that provides students with a non-threatening and supportive link to important mental health information
- CAPS Crisis Assistance: Call 704-687-0311 during or after normal business hours to speak with a crisis counselor
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24 hours): 988
- The Steve Crisis Text Line (support for students of color): Text STEVE to 741741
- The Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- The Trevor Lifeline (suicide prevention for LGBTQ students): Call 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 678-678
- UNC Charlotte Campus Police: 704-687-2200