What is Let's Talk
Let’s Talk is a brief, drop-in, and confidential consultation with a CAPS team member who can support with problem solving and linkage to resources. This program is open to all students and is based on our knowledge that traditional forms of therapy do not always meet the needs of all students and that healing often occurs in community. As such, we strive to develop close, trusting, and often non-clinical relationships with our campus community. Visits are first come, first serve and no appointment is necessary.
Who is Let's Talk For?
- Students facing specific issues (academic stress, relationship concern) but are not looking for ongoing therapy
- Students who are interested in therapy but would like to learn more about what it is like to sit with a counselor
- Students with concerns about a friend or peer
- Students wanting to know more about wellness resources
Fall 2023 Hours
- Wed., Sept. 6th from 1 - 2:30 pm, Union Conference Room 269
- Wed., Oct. 4th from 1 - 2:30 pm, Union Conference Room 269
- Wed., Nov. 1st from 1 - 2:30 pm, Union Conference Room 269
- Wed., Nov. 29th from 1 - 2:30 pm, Union Conference Room 269
- Thurs., Dec. 7th from 2-3:30 pm, Atkins Room 139 B
- Mon., Dec 11th from 10:30 - 12 pm, Atkins Room 139 B