Suicide Prevention Week 2022
Suicide Prevention Week is a week dedicated to promoting resources and spreading the word about actions we can all take to prevent suicide. Throughout the week CAPS will host a variety of programs and events, as well as highlight different resources and how to respond to someone who is experiencing a mental health crisis.
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, Sept. 6
- Tabling Event - Learn about CAPS and Mental Health Resources, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., CHHS/COED Plaza
- Let's Talk: Drop-in, problem-solving consultations with CAPS staff, 1-3 p.m., Student Union 254
Wednesday, Sept. 7
- Tabling Event - Suicide Myths & Facts, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Inside Lobby Table STUN
- From Burnout to Balance Virtual Workshop, 4 -5 p.m.,
Thursday, Sept. 8
- Question, Persuade, Refer Suicide Prevention Training for students, 5:30 -7 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 9
- Tabling Event - Messages of Hope, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., outside UREC
- Question, Persuade, Refer Suicide Prevention Training for Faculty & Staff, 11 am. - 12:30 p.m.
- Register through the Learning and Organizational Development Portal by searching “QPR”
Saturday, Sept. 17
- Mental Health First Aid Training for students, 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., TBD
For questions or additional information, contact Sarah Besse at email@example.com.